Sunday, December 23, 2012

Comfort and Joy



Psalm 96:11-13
New International Version (NIV)
11 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
    let the sea resound, and all that is in it.
12 Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them;
    let all the trees of the forest sing for joy.
13 Let all creation rejoice before the Lord, for he comes,
    he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
    and the peoples in his faithfulness.


It's a challenge to move during the Christmas season.   We're in this house of the level path but not fully unpacked.  Now we're trying on December 23rd finish decorating for Christmas.  My husband is more ambitious than I am, perhaps because he had to pack up all the Christmas stuff I've collected over the years, especially during the time I never met a Christmas decoration I didn't like.  I still love the stuff but illness has turned me at least part way towards moderation.  I know I can muster the enthusiasm in a heartbeat, however, if someone else will do the work.  That's when my comfort equates to my joy. 
I'm learning that it's more important to prepare room in my heart for Jesus than for all the baubles that come with the season.    May my heart beat only for Him.

"Little Drummer Boy" - Blind Boys of Alabama



"Joy To the World" - Folk Angels


No comments:

Post a Comment