Thursday, December 20, 2012

We All Fall Down


Romans 5:3-5
New International Version (NIV)
3 Not only so, but we[a] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.


 We fall down, but we get up. For a saint is just a sinner who fell down and got up. 
Donnie McClurkin, Gospel Singer and Minister

Fall down seven times, get up eight.
Japanese Proverb

I'm experienced in falling down.  I've fallen down stairs, fallen out of a car, fallen on ice as well as dry ground.  I've fallen forward and fallen back.  I've fallen short and fallen away.  I've fallen into sin and fallen out of favor.  
I've yet to fall up.  
I'm learning more and more that it is only by God's grace that I stand at all; and, by His grace, I will one day fall down on earth so I may stand up in Heaven.
"Kingdom Come" - JJ Heller



"If I Stand" - Rich Mullins

  








No comments:

Post a Comment