Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My God of Level Paths


Psalm 27:11
English Standard Version (ESV)
11 Teach me your way, O Lord,
    and lead me on a level path
    because of my enemies.


This is a wise statement for those who are moving such as we.   I am out of the little house under the weeping willow tree into the house of a level path.   Moving is such hard work that it makes me wonder if the Jews were 70 years in Babylonian captivity because nobody had the heart or strength to move.  When Cyrus the Great released them to return to Jerusalem, how many husbands declared  things were really not that bad so why move?
Even so God moves us along.   Rheumatoid arthritis meant that I needed a house with easier accessibility and He has provided.  The walk to my new front door is straight and smooth with no steps to negotiate, and I am grateful.  God was with me under the willow tree when I mourned my foreclosure loss and He continues to be faithful as I battle my new enemy, this illness.   I've seen my Egypt and my Babylon,  I'll not turn back.

"So You Want to Go Back to Egypt" - Keith Green


No comments:

Post a Comment