Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My God, My Shoe Maker


Matthew 28:16-20
New International Version (NIV)
The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Isaiah 52:7
New King James Version (NKJV)
7 How beautiful upon the mountains
Are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who proclaims peace,
Who brings glad tidings of good things,
Who proclaims salvation,
Who says to Zion,
“Your God reigns!”

Ephesians 6:15
New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
15 As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace.



Dad,
I was at your lovely bride's today.  She's doing fine.  You took such good care of her that it may be a while yet before she joins you.  All of our stockings still hang on your hearth.  So many feet!  What it must have taken for the two of you to keep us in both shoes and socks, not to mention boots and mittens!  I remember how you taught me to tie my shoes, so I wouldn't face further embarrassment in kindergarten.  That bunny-eared loop was a life saver!  You helped me face the world then and so many times after, teaching what my Heavenly Father also wanted me learn about this life this side of Heaven.  The journey isn't always easy but I'll make it with the right shoes, the ones that help me to tell others about the Good News of Jesus Christ, the tiny babe born to die for the sins of the world.  His beautiful feet were pierced for me!  What a wonder that is!   

"Go Tell It On the Mountain" - The Blind Boys of Alabama





No comments:

Post a Comment