Sunday, February 24, 2013

My God, My Certain Hope


Psalm 73:26
King James Version (KJV)
26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

1 Corinthians 15:19
New International Version (NIV)
19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Life's sufferings cannot cancel the hope of Christ.  Yet it is ever so hard to watch people you love suffer, and ever so easy to be angry at God for allowing the suffering.  Tomorrow a family member will undergo cancer-related surgery.  I am praying.  I'm putting my trust in my God who won't give this precious soul more than he can bear, even if I'm feeling that God's got it wrong somehow, that his measure of suffering has been and still is plenty.  If I've learned anything from the life of this loved one, it would be to trust God.  He most certainly does.   So I will be in agreement with what God is doing in his life.
Still, I hate cancer.
"Amen" - Matt Papa

  

No comments:

Post a Comment