Saturday, February 2, 2013

My God, My Commander in Sleep


Proverbs 6:6-8
English Standard Version (ESV)
6 Go to the ant, O sluggard;
    consider her ways, and be wise.
7 Without having any chief,
    officer, or ruler,
8 she prepares her bread in summer
    and gathers her food in harvest.

Philippians 4:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

My husband has been using my computer tonight to prepare for a Bible study in the morning.  Since it's actually after midnight now that I'm writing; of course, I'm thinking of the industrious ant even as I plan on sleeping in this morning.  As it is, with Rheumatoid Arthritis, I often wake in the morning with my first thought being plans for a nap.  If you're like me and you're still up, I'll say now, "Go to bed!"  so that one day we can rise up like the mighty ant.  


"Wake Up Oh Sleeper" - Jason Crabb and Third Day



No comments:

Post a Comment