Sunday, February 10, 2013

My God, My Flight Instructor


John 17:15-18
English Standard Version (ESV)

15 I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.[a] 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them[b] in the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.

Isaiah 40:31
New International Version (NIV)
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.


Ephesians 2:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,


Philippians 3:20
English Standard Version (ESV)
20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

I sometimes wonder if the joy that comes from stretching out your arms while the wind blows comes from an inborn desire to fly.  We weren't meant to be earthbound, we who belong to the Kingdom of God.  We our citizens of Heaven.  Amazing, isn't it?  Yet while gravity holds me here, I must remember that there are others who still need flying lessons, who still need to know that this earth is also not where they belong.  A Savior is waiting who will lift them into the Heavenly realms.  
And we will fly!


Building 429: "Where I Belong"

No comments:

Post a Comment