Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cows on My Father's Hills

Saying Goodnight to the Son by Dawna Deanne

Psalm 50:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 for every animal of the forest is mine,
    and the cattle on a thousand hills.

Matthew 18:2-4 New International Version (NIV)
2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

I'm remembering how I, as a child, would to try to imagine how many cattle would be on a thousand hills.  Since I was already impressed by the cows my grandfather owned, that my God would own a thousand times that number was amazing!  As the years passed I've, unfortunately, become less impressed and more worried about God's ability to provide for me.  So tonight I am reminded to become like a child in my Father's kingdom and trust that He hasn't yet run short of cows and never will.

He Owns the Cattle on a Thousand Hills






No comments:

Post a Comment