Monday, April 13, 2015

Still Tired but Still Loved

Isaiah 49:15 New Living Translation (NLT)
15 “Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child?
    Can she feel no love for the child she has borne?
But even if that were possible,
    I would not forget you!
Ephesians 5:25 English Standard Version (ESV)
25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,

I returned last night from my first Mom's weekend at the university that now houses the young man who lived in my house; and I'm tired, still tired after all these years.  But my love for child is remains fierce.  As I made my way across a campus known for its calf-busting hills with my diseased joints and muscles screaming, I knew that this was something I'd do only, only, for him.  Yes, a mother's love is a fierce love, yet God says his love for me is even greater.  Amazing.

I now have to give a shout out to my husband who drove the long miles there and back so I could have a weekend of mothering my child.  Today he has had to work two of the three jobs he has to support us; and I know he's tired, still tired after all these years.  It's a demonstration of another, even greater love, that of Christ for the church.  Amazing, indeed.

"And Can It Be?" - The Enfield Hymn Sessions



No comments:

Post a Comment