Sunday, July 19, 2015

One God, One Way, One Truth, One Life



Acts 17:28 New International Version (NIV)
28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’[a] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’[b]

Colossians 1:16 English Standard Version (ESV)
16 For by[a] him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.

1 Corinthians 2:14 English Standard Version (ESV)
14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

John 1:3 English Standard Version (ESV)
3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” 
― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

“We're all mad here.” 

― Cheshire Cat

I found myself today defending my faith to an atheist who considered religious loons kooky and a threat to our country; plus he believed the founding fathers would back him up on his truth.  He thought it good that our government doesn't support Christianity because it keeps America great.  
It was a little strange, indeed, don't you think?  I found myself thinking of Alice in Wonderland.  At what point during my lifetime, did such nonsense become truth?   
Yes, I am a religious loon who believes in the only God, The Ancient of Days.  He has always been and always will be God no matter if one believes in Him or not. 

John 14:5-6 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus the Way to the Father
5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Ancient of Days - Lyric Video


No comments:

Post a Comment