Monday, July 6, 2015

Wondrous Ways, Unexpected Grace

Matthew 6:21 New International Version (NIV)
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Psalm 111:4-5 English Standard Version (ESV)
4 He has caused his wondrous works to be remembered;
    the Lord is gracious and merciful.
5 He provides food for those who fear him;
    he remembers his covenant forever.

An unusual thing happened to us this last week.  On a family outing to our windy beach my husband spotted something strange in the grass and asked our young man, "What's that?"  What it was turned out to be a one hundred dollar bill.  God's provision came to us in the wind!  How exciting is that?  Exciting enough that I held out open hands as if to say, "OK, God, Bring it on!"  

As we all looked at the bill in amazement,  I wondered out loud, as it had been some time since I've seen one, "Is that what they look like now?"  If it could only always be so easy, even me of little faith could have a great trust in God's provision....Sigh...I know God expects me to work and has provided work for me.   I will be thankful and find my treasure in Him.  I don't think He minds though, if I yet give a little yippee for unexpected grace.

My husband still has the bill; and, as it makes for a great show and tell, he may be carrying it around for a while yet.  God does move in mysterious ways, his wonders to behold.

Indelible Grace: God Moves in a Mysterious Way

No comments:

Post a Comment