Friday, July 17, 2015

Still In the Fight

Exodus 15:3 New International Version (NIV)
3 The Lord is a warrior;
    the Lord is his name.

2 Chronicles 20:15 English Standard Version (ESV)
15 And he said, “Listen, all Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: Thus says the Lord to you, ‘Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God's.

1 Samuel 17:47 English Standard Version (ESV)
47 and that all this assembly may know that the Lord saves not with sword and spear. For the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hand.”

2 Chronicles 32:7 English Standard Version (ESV)
7 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or dismayed before the king of Assyria and all the horde that is with him, for there are more with us than with him.

Exodus 14:13-14 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 And Moses said to the people, “Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. 14 The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”

Psalm 119:71 English Standard Version (ESV)
71 It is good for me that I was afflicted,
    that I might learn your statutes.

I've become so enamored of the truth that the battle is the Lord's that I'm forgetting that I belong on the battlefield as well.  I am a warrior not just a cheerleader.  I have my orders, I have my commission, I have my commander, so why so passive, why so silent?   Illness and age are no excuse when my power is from God himself.  So I'll stay in the fight.  

2 Corinthians 10:4 English Standard Version (ESV)
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.

The Battlefield - Isaacs

No comments:

Post a Comment