Monday, July 4, 2016

Free to Serve


John 15:13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

John 8:36 English Standard Version (ESV)
36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Galatians 5:13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.


You'd think it wouldn't be so hard to remember that other people don't exist to make my life easier, but sometimes it is.  Actually I rebel against more than forget the truth that I'm not the center of my universe.  I can be selfish when I should be kind.  My Savior certainly wasn't selfish.   So on this day as I remember the price paid for my country's freedom, may I also remember the price paid for my soul's freedom.  There truly is no greater love.  


No comments:

Post a Comment