Monday, July 18, 2016

Unshakable God

Psalm 62:1-2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

God Alone a Refuge from Treachery and Oppression.
For the choir director; [a]according to Jeduthun. A Psalm of David.

62 My soul waits in silence for God only;
From Him is my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.

Hebrews 12:28 New English Translation (NET Bible)
28 So since we are receiving an unshakable kingdom, let us give thanks, and through this let us offer worship pleasing to God in devotion and awe.

Romans 12:18 New English Translation (NET Bible)
18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all people.

It's another day in America and another terrible shooting.  I grow so weary at seeing my country's flag at half mast.  While shouting about what lives matter, we take each other's lives.  Our deeds are evil, but still we demand our rights.  Our house is falling down and we wonder why.  

Yes, weep; and then we, who have been redeemed, give thanks for our home is God's unshakeable kingdom; and, while we walk this earth, serve God, love others and live at peace with all.  

We sang Psalm 62 this morning in church.  The music leader felt God's leading him to chose this song, even though it wasn't his personal preference.  At the end of this Sunday, I find that it was ever so appropriate.  May our souls find rest in God alone.  May we not be shaken.  

My Soul Finds Rest Psalm 62 - Aaron Keyes



No comments:

Post a Comment