Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Pressing On

A Helping Hand" Calendar

Ecclesiastes 7:10 New English Translation (NET Bible)

10 Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these days?”
for it is not wise to ask that.

Philippians 3:13-14 New English Translation (NET Bible)
13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself to have attained this. Instead I am single-minded: Forgetting the things that are behind and reaching out for the things that are ahead, 14 with this goal in mind, I strive toward the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

I am often nostalgic for the good old days, even when the good old days weren't actually all good.  Some were pretty awful then just as some are pretty awful today.  We can't go back to Mayberry because Mayberry never was.  God is concerned about today, this hour, this moment in my life, and desires me to press on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment