Thursday, August 28, 2014

Known By Our Love

Genesis 1:27New King James Version (NKJV)
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Acts 17:26 English Standard Version (ESV)
26 And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place,

Romans 3:22-24 New English Translation (NET Bible)
22 namely, the righteousness of God through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. 24 But they are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 22:2 New English Translation (NET Bible)
2 The rich and the poor meet together;
the Lord is the Creator of them both.

Psalm 95:6-7New English Translation (NET Bible)
6 Come! Let’s bow down and worship!
Let’s kneel before the Lord, our Creator!
7 For he is our God;
we are the people of his pasture,
the sheep he owns.
Today, if only you would obey him!

This boy, wearing what must be a hand-me-down tee shirt, tickles my sense of humor so much that I wish I could show this to my favorite uncle, a proud Norwegian, who is now a citizen of Heaven.   I believe he loved children more than his heritage which says much about how he loved children!  He also loved his church.  As this shirt likely came out of what was once called a missionary barrel, I'd like to imagine him sending it along, to a boy not Norwegian, but definitely made in the image of God.  Because I have benefited from donated clothing, I feel a little decadent guilt when I buy retail; but it gets buried under my love for new clothes. Sigh. We have so much when so much of the world has so little.  One day we will all be dressed in the righteousness of God, but until that day, how will others know we are His children?  They'll know by our love.  
They Will Know We Are Christians by our Love  

No comments:

Post a Comment