Friday, August 15, 2014

Pleasures Forevermore

Psalm 42:5 New International Version (NIV)
5 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.

John 15:11 English Standard Version (ESV)
11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

In this life, we will suffer; however, it is possible to be so caught up in suffering for Christ to neglect living for Christ.  Even in the midst of great pain and terrible trouble we have a God of joy, who who holds for us in His right hand pleasures forevermore, not pleasures He has reserved for Himself.  Pleasure as the absence of suffering is pleasure without the presence of the Lord.  It is an exchange of the eternal for the temporal, a poor bargain at best and damnation at worse.  I choose Jesus.  I choose a certain hope, a divine mercy, a full joy.  It's a good life from a good God.  

Be Still, O My Soul - The City Harmonic


No comments:

Post a Comment