Thursday, August 7, 2014

Of Fathers, Sons, Cars, and Queens of the House

Proverbs 21:19 English Standard Version (ESV)
19 It is better to live in a desert land
    than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman.
It's been long weeks of car repair but tonight my guys successfully finished replacing the transmission in my son's car.  Up until late last night they were considering whether or not it would have to be still taken to a professional shop to be redone, but tonight brought victory, the car running again as it once did.  The young man who lives in my house but doesn't want to be blogged about has wheels again.  It will probably be a story for his grandchildren someday and I'm hoping his mother's patience will be a part of that story.  I've been trying, really trying to put up with a summer revolving around a father and son project; but, tonight when I discovered my stash of batteries had been raided and not returned, I wasn't so sure.  My husband, a busy man of other summer projects, didn't find the time to do so.  I knew I should never have given up my stash of batteries and just kept mum when he was looking for some.  Every woman should be entitled to at least one secret.  I do like knowing that when I want a battery, like for my computer mouse tonight, I'll have one.  If I had to rely on my husband, he'd go around the house trying to find batteries that still have a little life in them for me.   So tonight, when I needed a battery and my guys were still busy in the garage, I started to feel a little quarrelsome.   When they came out of the garage flush with success and glory I decided to let it go.  The batteries have been returned, and my husband won't have to live in a desert land.  I'll just have to find a new hiding place.  

Disney's Frozen "Let It Go" Sequence Performed by Idina Menzel



2 comments: