Monday, January 5, 2015

I'm No Superman

Luke 10:27 English Standard Version (ESV)
27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

2 Timothy 2:15 English Standard Version (ESV)
15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved,[a] a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

I went to work one day last week wearing one black shoe and one white shoe.  Of course the more observant of us noticed right away and called my attention to it.  She can but I can no longer put pays attention to detail on my resume.  Sigh.  I'm no Superman.  Thankfully, God doesn't expect me to be.   He loves me, just as I am.  
John 6:37 King James Version (KJV)

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Bill & Gloria Gaither - Just As I Am (Live)
1. Just as I am, without one plea, 
but that thy blood was shed for me, 
and that thou bidst me come to thee, 
O Lamb of God, I come, I come. 

2. Just as I am, and waiting not 
to rid my soul of one dark blot, 
to thee whose blood can cleanse each spot, 
O Lamb of God, I come, I come. 

3. Just as I am, though tossed about 
with many a conflict, many a doubt, 
fightings and fears within, without, 
O Lamb of God, I come, I come. 

4. Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind; 
sight, riches, healing of the mind, 
yea, all I need in thee to find, 
O Lamb of God, I come, I come. 

5. Just as I am, thou wilt receive, 
wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve; 
because thy promise I believe, 
O Lamb of God, I come, I come. 

6. Just as I am, thy love unknown 
hath broken every barrier down; 
now, to be thine, yea thine alone, 
O Lamb of God, I come, I come. 


2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful, powerful song! I feel so much more peace when I stop and remember that I don't have to be perfect.
    Have you ever heard the Travis Cottrell version of Just As I Am? He adds on a chorus, and I think it works really well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=460vFWX3ccs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just listened to it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete