Saturday, January 10, 2015

Moms and Mighty Men of God

Matthew 4:19 New King James Version (NKJV)
19 Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.”

Psalm 139:8-10 New International Version (NIV)
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.

The young man who lived in my house but now lives in a dorm has returned to college after his winter break.  His dog and I are a little sad about that, probably his dad too.  My heart is encouraged, however, because I know he's following Jesus.  Even if doing so leads him away from us, this is what I've always wanted for him, to be one of Christ's disciples, a mighty man of God, as my prayers have always been, no matter what vocation he chooses.    So I continue to pray for him and the companions that come alongside him in his journey and, as a mom, remain ever so thankful for Skype.

I Will Follow - John Guerra

No comments:

Post a Comment