Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pray For France

Colossians 1:16 English Standard Version (ESV)
16 For by[a] him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.

1 Chronicles 29:11English Standard Version (ESV)
11 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all.

Psalm 47:8 New King James Version (NKJV)

8 God reigns over the nations;

God sits on His holy throne.

Exodus 14:14 English Standard Version (ESV)
14 The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”

My heart aches for those who were murdered in France.  I'm so sorry for the country's loss and great pain it is now experiencing.  I also wonder at terrorists who have a god so small he needs defending from cartoonists.  My God is big!  He is secure in who He is.  We do not need to worry for him about the insults of mere men.  We can trust Him to judge correctly.  As Genesis 18:25 asks, "Shall not the Judge of the earth do right?"  So tonight I raise my own pencils for those we have lost.  
And I pray for France.

No comments:

Post a Comment