Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Are You Yet Weeping for France?

Weeping Angel. Notre Dame, Amiens (France). Seventeenth century statue of a weeping angel. Many soldiers during the first world war sent a postcard to their families with this image.

Matthew 10:28 English Standard Version (ESV)
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.[a]

Psalm 37:9 English Standard Version (ESV)
9 For the evildoers shall be cut off,
    but those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land.

John 18:36 English Standard Version (ESV)
36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

Psalm 47:8 New International Version (NIV)
8 God reigns over the nations;
    God is seated on his holy throne.

I still weep and continue in prayer for France, whether they want my prayers or not.  I know that there are citizens of the country who are proud to fight against religion while celebrating the French way of life; who equate God with sin-stained churches; but there is so much more then this life alone.   There is a kingdom not of this world and it belongs to God.  Yes, stand with France.  My grandfather's and my father's generations both fought for it in the World Wars; and, because of their sacrifices, I shall ever be invested in this country.  So I weep and I pray.  God is God whether a nation recognizes Him as such or not; and over them He reigns.  
Newsboys - He Reigns

No comments:

Post a Comment