Thursday, November 26, 2015

When It's Hard to Be Thankful

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 New International Version (NIV)

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Be thankful still.  When we lost our home to foreclosure, I tried to reassure my then teenaged son with more conviction then I had saying, "Don't worry!  God will not leave us homeless."  
He answered me then with a certain conviction, "We may be living under a bridge somewhere, but we will be together."  
Sometimes I am astounded by him, thankfully convinced that God is raising him in spite of his parents.  Today as we enjoyed Thanksgiving in this house of the level path, I remain deeply thankful.  We are still together.
And, yes, I know he doesn't want to be blogged about, but sometimes my gratitude just spills out. I have a good son.

Thanksgiving Song - Mary Chapin Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment