Sunday, March 27, 2016

Called to Love

2 Corinthians 5:20  New International Version (NIV)
20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Mark 12:30-31 New International Version (NIV)
30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[a] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] There is no commandment greater than these.”

2 Timothy 1:7 Living Bible (TLB)
7 For the Holy Spirit, God’s gift, does not want you to be afraid of people, but to be wise and strong, and to love them and enjoy being with them.

Since terrorism has been in the news this Easter week, I've been thinking about a Christian's role in these world events.  It is hard to love a neighbor that frightens you, but God has placed us here to do so.  Like refugees the redeemed are not home yet; but, until that day, we are to represent Christ on earth.  I confess that I do a poor job of it.  I'm not sure that I love well my near neighbors let alone my far ones, so I look to Jesus to be my help.   We have not been called to fear but to love.  
Jesus, Guide us by your wisdom and help us to love.


All Ye Refugees - Sandra McCracken


No comments:

Post a Comment