Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wearing of the Green

Ephesians 4:32 English Standard Version (ESV)

32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

I was looking for green garments tonight to wear to work tomorrow, St. Patrick's Day; and I had to stop and be thankful for my sisters.  We children on St Patrick's even would also prepare for the day, especially my older sisters for their younger siblings.  I can remember them cutting out paper shamrocks and coloring them green for us to pin to our pajamas, to keep us safe from getting pinched when we awoke the next morning.  It was very helpful and especially thoughtful considering my older brother would use every opportunity to pinch his extra helping of sisters that was his lot in life.  It was tough surrounded by so many girls with only a baby brother to claim for himself; and it was a lesson to me, the baby sister, in both kindness and forgiveness.  

When Trials Come, Margaret Becker 

No comments:

Post a Comment