Monday, March 7, 2016

Help My Unbelief

Psalm 116:1-2 New International Version (NIV)
Psalm 116
1 I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;
    he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me,
    I will call on him as long as I live.

Mark 9:23-24 New English Translation (NET Bible)
23 Then Jesus said to him, “‘If you are able?’ All things are possible for the one who believes.” 24 Immediately the father of the boy cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”

You wouldn't think it would be so, but it is.  It is possible for both belief and unbelief to reside in one child of God, actually most children of God.  We know God's mercy is all and completely for us, but fear we may be overlooked when he's passing it out.  God knows and understands.  My portion of mercy hasn't fallen off the back of God's wagon and lost to someone else.   When I cry out, therefore, for both mercy and belief he listens and answers.  I like Sandra McCracken's song, "Have Mercy."  


No comments:

Post a Comment