Thursday, November 10, 2016

Lord Give Me One More

Luke 15:7 New English Translation (NET Bible)

7 I tell you, in the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need to repent.

Galatians 6:9 English Standard Version (ESV)
9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Tonight my husband and I went to see "Hacksaw Ridge," the real life story of Desmond Doss, the only medal of honor winner who was also a Conscientious Objector.  It was an impressive movie and I would recommend it.  I was especially moved by the prayer, Desmond Doss, repeated through the long night of bringing wounded off the battlefield to safety, "Please Lord, give me one more."   It was a good prayer for Christians as we daily go out onto God's battlefield, "Please give me one more soul to save."  
Do not give up, weary Christian, while there's still one more soul to save.



No comments:

Post a Comment