Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thanks In Every Circumstance

Three GIs eat K rations in the rain, Thanksgiving Day, 1944, France.

1 Thessalonians 5:18English Standard Version (ESV)

18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

I'm having trouble feeling thankful because I'm going to be strictly dieting tomorrow on our holiday that's built around a feast.  This image of three GI's during my father's war reminds me to be thankful, nevertheless.  Now if I can only keep from weeping at the table while my husband and the young man who lives in a dorm but is now home for the holiday stuff themselves that would be good for all...Sigh...It could be worse.  I have an abundance of grace.  I have my Savior's love.  I will be thankful.
Blessed Spirit (Puritan Prayer) - Stuart Townsend 

No comments:

Post a Comment