Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Night Under God's Stars




Psalm 147:4
He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.

We've been blessed by an unusually dry and sunny fall this year on the edge of the rainforest.  Since we are soon, however, to be deluged with rain, my husband decided to drive his family back out into the national park to get one more glimpse of a starry night.  I was tired and in pain from this rheumatoid arthritis and content on the couch under a favorite quilt, but I could see he needed to do this.  He was right, of course; when each clear day is a gift from God rather than an expectation, they shouldn't be wasted.   So we all stood under the stars tonight and marveled.  I hope God marveled back at us, also His creation.  I know He knows our names.  

"How Great Thou Art" - Alan Jackson



No comments:

Post a Comment