Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sunday Go To Meeting


Philippians 2:1-2 (NIV)
2 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.

Psalm 55:14 (NIV)
14 with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship
    at the house of God,
as we walked about
    among the worshipers.

In a town full of seagulls, I found myself today interested and amused by a unusually large flock of pigeons outside the outlet bread store.  They gathered by its doors, waiting expectantly for customers who left laden with bread.  They were such little beggars!   I wondered how creatures with such small brains had discerned where to gather.  When my husband with his bounty of bread climbed into our car, I asked, "Do you have any bread for your flock?"  

This reminds me that tomorrow morning I will be with my own church flock being generously fed the bread of life.  It's not something I should ever take for granted, this freedom to gather and worship.  I pray now that your own Sunday fellowship will be sweet.

"Brethren We Have Met to Worship" - Bart Millard



No comments:

Post a Comment