Sunday, October 14, 2012

My God, The Rainmaker



Matthew 5:45
King James Version (KJV)
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.


Rain has returned to my part of the world and my willow tree weeps.  This is what we know here, gray, overcast skies and perpetual dampness.  The hoods on our hoodies come up as if we're all in the same gang, The Raindrop
Runners, because we usually don't bother with umbrellas.  (Does Rain Runners sound tougher?)  Sunglasses will soon be forgotten, hiding in drawers or under car seats out of a sense of shame and uselessness.  The stretch of sunny days was wonderful but we are resigned to the rain.  

It can be easy to forget in my spiritual life that rain can be good.  I'm afraid to open a medical bill, forgetting that God will somehow make provision for it.  I expect that the possible bad side effects of the medicine for rheumatoid arthritis will play out, even though I pray every time that I swallow them that God will make me tougher than the pills.  Rain does fall on the just and the unjust, but for children of the Heavenly Father it is measured out as grace.



"Grace Like Rain" -Aaron Keys



No comments:

Post a Comment