Saturday, November 10, 2012

My God, My Salvation

Ephesians 2:10
New International Version (NIV)
10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Hebrews 12:2
New International Version (NIV)
2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.


God,
I'm your handiwork.  I know it's true.  Sometimes, though, I do wonder what you had in mind when you made such an imperfect child.  Still, thank you.   Thank you for every breath you've given me.   Thank you for the joy and the pain.  Thank you for whatever keeps me looking to you.  Thank you for the rheumatoid arthritis.  It's not something I would have chosen for myself.  Sigh.  Sometimes it is hard to give thanks...really, really hard.  Please give me endurance.  Help me to be brave.  Most of all help me to be thankful.   
You saved a wretch like me.  Thank you.

"Thank You" - JJ Heller



No comments:

Post a Comment