Saturday, November 3, 2012

My God of Living Water


John 7:38
New International Version (NIV)
38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”[a]

John 4:13 (NIV)
13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”


Living on the edge of a rain forest like I do,  I've developed a love/hate relationship with rain, or maybe  it could be better described as resignation.   I don't always appreciate how precious water is others not so blessed.  Just this morning I was bemoaning the rain outside this tiny house under the weeping willow tree.  I've been looking at images of people celebrating a new well built for them and I can better appreciate Jesus meeting the Samaritan woman at the well.  It was work getting water from a well, and here was this man offering a spring of living water from which she would never thirst again.  She knew Him then to be the Messiah and many believed because of her testimony.  I pray that I may also have a testimony of gratitude.

"Spring Up O Well" is a song I learned in childhood.  Phil Wickham gives a contemporary worshipful rendition on his Singalong 2 album.



No comments:

Post a Comment