Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My God, My Mover and Shaker

Philippians 4:4-6
New International Version (NIV)
Final Exhortations

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Psalm 55:22
New International Version (NIV)
22 Cast your cares on the Lord
    and he will sustain you;
he will never let
    the righteous be shaken.

I do love these courageous verses.  Unfortunately, when I've been blown off of my foundation and surrounded by those who seek me harm, it's hard not to be at least slightly cynical about them.  I'm prone to ask, "Really?  Really, Lord? How can I possibly not be anxious?  How can I not be shaken?" When I was a child it was pretty scary watching Dorothy in the tornado, and even scarier with the flying monkeys, but that's okay because my parents were giving me a firm foundation in teaching me about Jesus.  I may not like it; but I know now sometimes a storm is needed to carry us to the place God wants us to be, if we only "trust and obey."  

                             "Trust And Obey" - Big Daddy Weave 


No comments:

Post a Comment