Saturday, March 30, 2013

My God, My Pruner


John 15:2
New International Version (NIV)
2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful.

We're having a beautiful Easter weekend with sunshine and warm temperatures.  Daffodils have bloomed in the front of our house of the level path and a tree in the backyard seems to have bloomed overnight.  I took this picture of it today.  We're wondering what type of tree it might me.  I'm hoping  for an apple tree or any fruit, really.  It brings back memories of my childhood home with a good share of fruit-bearing trees, even if the the fruit wasn't always appreciated by me.  I so wanted to pull out hostess cupcakes or snowballs from my school lunch and was more than a little embarrassed by the home-grown apples.  Now I know it was God's way of providing for a household fruitful in children if not in cash.  
I pray that this sometimes ungrateful branch of my Father's tree will bear fruit for His Kingdom and willingly, if not always bravely, submit to His pruning shears.  

Dad, you were wrong!  Money did grow on trees!  I suppose you know this well now, as you are dancing in our Father's fields of grace!


"Fields of Grace" - Big Daddy Weave




No comments:

Post a Comment