Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Sweet God of Spring

I was surprised to hear from the TV news that this is the first day of Spring, because at the time I was huddled under a quilt listening to the rain fall and the wind blow outside my house of the level path.  The quilt was keeping me warm for as much as I love this house, it's expensive to heat.   Tonight my husband has been using my computer to work on taxes and now wants it once again to fill out his March Madness brackets; so yes, it truly must be Spring.  Even as the snow falls lower and lower on the mountains, our grass is growing and a hardy patch of flowers is blooming.   So I will celebrate with Jimmy Durante's "Bluebird of Happiness."  Life is sweet, after all.


Ecclesiastes 11:7-9 NLT
7Light is sweet; how pleasant to see a new day dawning.
8When people live to be very old, let them rejoice in every day of life. But let them also remember there will be many dark days. Everything still to come is meaningless.

9Young people,d it’s wonderful to be young! Enjoy every minute of it. Do everything you want to do; take it all in. But remember that you must give an account to God for everything you do. 10So refuse to worry, and keep your body healthy. But remember that youth, with a whole life before you, is meaningless.


Jimmy Durante - "Bluebird of Happiness"

No comments:

Post a Comment