Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gone Home


Philippians 1:20-21 (NIV)

20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Dad,
You've been gone home now three years!  You're still loved and missed by your family, but I know you must be enjoying the fellowship of the saints in Heaven. Our loss was your gain.  Have you run into any of your old army buddies?   I hope so.  I found myself wishing you could have been around earlier this week when an old town landmark was demolished.  It didn't go down easily, apparently it was designed to last.  I think most of your generation were made that way as well.  Thanks again for serving.  We'll be seeing you.

"Gone Home" - Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder

No comments:

Post a Comment