Saturday, April 6, 2013

My God of Many Treasures

I was at an estate sale today for some dear soul that never met a pretty thing she didn't like.  I'd like to say I walked away from the sale virtuously empty-handed but I didn't.  I like pretty things too.  It still cautioned me over what's important in life as I looked at a collection of honeypots that could have been my honeypots sold long ago in my own sale.  Maybe they were.  I sure didn't need them anymore; and, if there's honey in Heaven, I'm know my Lord will have His own pots.  So now I have a hat that actually fits my overly large head, a box  that reminds me of my father, and a 50-year old pin that gives me one vote as a centennial queen.  A girl always wants a crown.  I will be crowned too one glorious day and not for a century but for an eternity.  My Savior gave me His vote on the cross.  
"Kingdom Come" - JJ Heller

No comments:

Post a Comment