Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Coming Back God


Mark 16:7
New International Version (NIV)
7 But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’”
The young man who lives in our house but doesn't want to be blogged about has a one-man dog, that man being him.  Whenever he has to leave him behind, this faithful dog climbs onto the end of the couch and begins his vigil for his master's return.  Sunday night, like many, we were watching "The Bible" series on the History Channel, while this young man was away at work.  When Peter joyously announced to those who believed Jesus was yet dead, "He's back!" this little dog leapt off the couch to meet his master at the door.  Unfortunately, he wasn't back, the TV fooling him much like it does when it sounds the ring of a doorbell.  
If Jesus was at my door would I run to meet Him?  Would I be prepared for His return?  Would my house be in order?  I pray that it would be so.  For He is coming again.
"Before This Time" - Big Stuf

No comments:

Post a Comment