Friday, January 17, 2014

Epic Victories!

Hebrews 8:12
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
12 “For I will be merciful to their iniquities,
And I will remember their sins no more.”
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
English Standard Version (ESV)
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
We've got a big football game this weekend.  I confess I'm a fair weather fan, but I'm trying to get into the spirit.  I even wore team colors to work today  along with most of the town.  This afternoon I found on Pinterest a recipe for what I thought would make a great game day snack for my guys, but I failed miserably.  No, it wasn't Cookie Monster cupcakes, just a simple little recipe for cinnamon pretzels, but I'm using this picture because I would be too shamed to post my own fail.  I usually avoid the oven, an old, old Thermador, probably from the 50's, that could double as an incinerator; but this recipe looked simple enough.  Let's just say, I smoked them!  Fortunately I threw open the slider door and got the fan going before the smoke detector started screeching.  Unfortunately, the tell-tell smell still lingers.  And to think that I nearly considered doubling the recipe…sigh.   I've deleted the recipe from my Pinterest board because I won't be going that way again.  Failures and calamities are great object lessons for Jesus, my Teacher, to use in my life.  I'm so glad too that He has a delete button.  Epic fails He remembers no more.  Epic victories He doesn't forget.

Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment