Wednesday, January 1, 2014

How Far and How Deep

Psalm 103:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 as far as the east is from the west,
    so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Hebrews 8:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 For I will forgive their wickedness
    and will remember their sins no more.”[a]
Micah 7:19
New International Version (NIV)
19 You will again have compassion on us;
    you will tread our sins underfoot
    and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
Revelation 21:5
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He *said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”
Philippians 3:13-14
New International Version (NIV)
13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
It's a New Year!  The old is gone and the new is come; unless, of course, we persist in dragging along with us our old stuff and junk.  Most of us will.  I know I do.  I'll dig up what Jesus has already buried and forgotten, not trusting in His finished work on the cross.  It makes for slow going, and I'm afraid Heaven will come before I've let go of this heavy load.  I'd truly like to get there with arms free to throw around the neck of my Savior.  If I carry anything into Heaven, may it be grace.

Casting Crowns - East To West - (Live)


No comments:

Post a Comment