Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sleeping Like A Lion

Psalm 84:11
English Standard Version (ESV)
11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
    the Lord bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does he withhold
    from those who walk uprightly.
Psalm 127:2
English Standard Version (ESV)
2 It is in vain that you rise up early
    and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
    for he gives to his beloved sleep.
I so get these two, because I get some of my best sleep in church.  Between my rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia and the various accompanying medicines, it is ever so easy to be lulled to sleep by the melodic voice of my pastor.  Still, I'd like to think of these ladies as spiritual warriors of the best kind.  They've come dressed and prepared, crowns on and Bibles open.  They mean well, I know they do.  So I'll choose to picture them as brave and fierce soldiers of the Lord; and, if we love them, just like sleeping lions, we'll let them sleep.  
God's Not Dead (Like a Lion) - Newsboys 

No comments:

Post a Comment