Saturday, January 4, 2014

God's New Creation

2 Corinthians 5:17
New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
17 Anyone who believes in Christ is a new creation. The old is gone! The new has come!
Jeremiah 29:11
New Living Translation (NLT)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Lamentations 3:22-24
New Living Translation (NLT)
22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends![a]
    His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness;
    his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
    therefore, I will hope in him!”
Ecclesiastes 3:11
New Living Translation (NLT)

11 Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.

We've now lived an entire year in this house of the level path and I remain grateful. I don't know what 2014 will bring, I don't know what tomorrow will bring, for that matter: but I do know my God of yesterday and today is the same God of tomorrow.  Sometimes not knowing the future is liberating but it can also be scary.  I have to remind myself that God can be trusted with all that I am and all that I hold dear, and I pray that I will be as brave as God asks me to be. 

I Know Who Holds Tomorrow ~ Susan Cox & Alison Krauss ~ Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment