Monday, December 15, 2014

Calling All Wise Men

"Three Wise Men" (1900) ~ J.C. Leyendecker (1874-1951)

Proverbs 3:5 English Standard Version (ESV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.

1 Chronicles 4:10 English Standard Version (ESV)
10 Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm[a] so that it might not bring me pain!” And God granted what he asked.

Philippians 4:6-7English Standard Version (ESV)
6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

The young man who lives in a dorm but doesn't want to be blogged about is going through finals week.  Tonight I googled bible verses for finals week and found the above among others.  It's amazing how the Bible has an answer for everything, but not always a test answer when needed.  When I went through college there was no google, no internet for that matter, or wikipedia.  I had to type out my reports on a small manual typewriter, using carbon paper.  My class lecture notes were all written out by hand and without hand held electronics, chicken scratch notes telling me just where I fell asleep.    It's wonderful how a preceding generation can always point out to the current one how they don't have it so bad.  (I still doubt, though, that my dad walked five miles through the snow to get to school.)  Coming across this picture of the wise men made me wonder what they would bring Jesus during finals week.  Coffee? Energy bars, energy drinks?  Well, my husband wants the computer so I should stop rambling.  He's trying to figure out Obama care for us for 2015.  He could use three wise men too.
We Three Kings (Piano/Cello) - ThePianoGuys



No comments:

Post a Comment