Monday, December 1, 2014

Use The Door

John 10:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
John 10:3 New International Version (NIV)
3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
John 14:6 New International Version (NIV)
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Mark 8:29 New International Version (NIV)
29 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

Peter answered, “You are the Messiah.”

I'm not sure if this woman is seeking shelter or freedom, but it would be so much better if she could use the door.  My junior high home economics teacher would enter her class this way.  She'd pull her car up next to the classroom window, then as we watched, she'd extend first one long skinny leg inside then the next. I know she was insistent on teaching us economic ways of working in our kitchens, so it also extended to her workplace.  When it comes the Kingdom of God there are no shortcuts.  You'll not find a verse in the Bible that promises when God shuts a door he opens a window.  Jesus is the door and God has not provided a window.  The only way to the Father is through Jesus, the Son, and it is through Him that we find both shelter and freedom.   

Heart & Soul - Josh Fox



No comments:

Post a Comment