Sunday, December 14, 2014

Deck the Halls

James 1:17 New International Version (NIV)
17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

I had a small business for a time selling antiques, collectibles and just pretty things. I knew enough to make it hard to walk away from a good thrift store or garage sale.  Now I have too much stuff and that extends to the Christmas decorations.  Tonight my husband brought in three more boxes of Christmas decorations that have been tucked away in a barn every since we lost our house to foreclosure.  It reminds me that it used to be easier to put the effort into readying the house for Christmas.  Now that I am older and have rheumatoid arthritis it's a more daunting task.  Still I pulled out a couple of decorations I hadn't seen for a while exclaiming with pleasure, "There you are!"  The joy of scoring a bargain hasn't left me either.  Last night my husband and I stopped at the Goodwill and I found a very collectible Christmas doll for a small fraction of it's actual value.  Score, indeed!  Now if I could just hire a few elves to sort all this out for me and deck my halls.  That would be nice.
Tenth Avenue North - Deck The Halls

No comments:

Post a Comment