Sunday, December 21, 2014

Singing Snow, Expecting Rain


Matthew 1:23 New International Version (NIV)

23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”[a] (which means “God with us”).

John 1:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Psalm 51:7b New King James Version (NKJV)

Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

I'm not expecting a white Christmas, though we've had them in my part of the world.  It's more likely we'll have a wet damp Christmas; but that's okay, I'm used to it.  The idea of a white Christmas is lovely though, a snow that turns everything white and pure, but it's only a temporary wash, not the eternal one we received the the day Christ was born, the day the Word became flesh.  My Savior, my Jesus has washed me and made me whiter than snow.  It's a reality and not a dream.  Still the song is fun to sing.
"White Christmas" - Sidewalk Prophets

No comments:

Post a Comment