Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Joy of Seeing Sons

Psalm 127:3 Contemporary English Version (CEV)
3 Children are a blessing
    and a gift from the Lord.

Psalm 127:5 English Standard Version (ESV)
5 Blessed is the man
    who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
    when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.[a]
Nehemiah 8:10 b New International Version (NIV)
" Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

My husband and I visited again tonight the bravest man I know, the father of three of my nephews, all fine men.  This terrible disease he suffers from may weaken his body but not his soul.   He has little strength to speak, so when he does, we do our best to listen.  My husband explained that we missed last weeks visit because of Thanksgiving and then remarked about my joy over having my son home.  He responded much like an amen firmly saying, "The joy of seeing sons!  The joy of seeing sons!"  Living a life, as helpless as one can be, he still knows joy.  I can remember when he came by my work place after son number three was born and announced with a loopy grin, "My three sons!"  I can also remember one of his sons telling me of his plans when he got big and got crutches like Daddy, because a man who walked with crutches and braces was how he defined a man.   The joy of the Lord has been and continues to be this brave man's strength.
I uploaded this song tonight about the Father's Son:

Manger Throne HD - Derri Daugherty, Julie Miller & Third Day

Holding Heaven - Ron Dicianni

No comments:

Post a Comment