Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Altogether Beautiful

Philippians 1:6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:23New American Standard Bible (NASB)
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 5:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

I see flaws.  I see flaws in others but mostly in myself.  It's hard to imagine that there will be a day when my Savior sees no flaws in me.  But that day is coming; and, until that day, perhaps I should see the flaws as beauty marks, because my Savior is making me beautiful.  I pray that I may show the same grace to others, seeing not flaws, but marked people being made beautiful by the one who allowed himself to be broken and scarred in order to redeem us in love, perfect without spot or blemish.

Sanctified (feat Victoria Williams, Buddy Miller & Julie Miller)

No comments:

Post a Comment