Sunday, May 3, 2015

How I Feel When...

1 Timothy 5:18 English Standard Version (ESV)
18 For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”

Ephesians 6:5 Living Bible (TLB
5 Slaves, obey your masters; be eager to give them your very best. Serve them as you would Christ.

Romans 4:4 English Standard Version (ESV)
4 Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.

Colossians 3:23 English Standard Version (ESV)
23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

...when I'm set free from my work cubicle!  I'm working Saturdays now, which is  new for me, strange as it may seem for all the years I've been an American worker.  I was in my cubicle this May Day, a day to honor workers, and read about the protests later.  I'm not sure what they accomplished besides some mayhem and news coverage.  The Bible, which gives both workers and employers directions, is our best employee manual but is also sadly underused in the workplace.  We believers then do become, by example, living Bibles to our coworkers.  We're working for Jesus as well as for a paycheck, and our God is also our God of the cubicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment